Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sore Throat Remedies ♥



Hey everyone! So about two days ago I woke up with a bad sore throat that progressed into a full blown cold. I'm super congested and my head feels like its going to explode :c But the worst part about being sick, to me, is the sore throat. I can deal with the congestion but I hate not being able to drink or swallow without that painful, scratchy feeling in my throat. I haven't been sick in a long time so I knew I had to finally find a way to make being ill more bearable. So, I did a little Google searching for ways to help relieve the pain of a sore throat and I found some pretty interesting remedies. Along with some of my personal tips, here's ways to fight that sore throat!


Tea is seriously magical when you're sick. It makes me feel a thousand times better, especially when dealing with a sore throat.  This time, however, I made something I've never tried before!  Cough Drop Tea! All you need it
 Tea 
 Honey & Lemon Cough drops
 Honey
All you have to do is prepare your tea the way you normally do (I use chamomile tea but your favorite tea will do just fine). When its ready, add your honey to sweeten it. You CAN you sugar if you prefer but I find honey makes tea taste much better and its easier on my throat when its sore. Then add in two cough drops! The cough drops will melt eventually and you'll have the perfect remedy for a scratchy throat. The warmth of the tea works better with the cough drops than just eating them by themselves. And it tastes great!


Warm salt water? Yup, it sounded a bit strange to me too but guess what...it really works! Just heat up some water and add a bit of cold until its luke warm. Then mix in some salt until the water is a bit cloudy. Then gargle with the salt water as if you're using mouth water. Its going to taste pretty bad but when I tried it my throat felts better for a little while! Doing this several times can reduce swelling in the throat and loosen mucus, helping to flush out irritants or bacteria!
 

 
Ever think those puffy white treats could help with a sore throat? Well they can! Last night, I was desperate to sooth my throat so when I saw online that marshmallows could help, I grabbed a bag right away. I found it was really easy to easy and didn't hurt like other foods do when you have a sore throat! Marshmallows can help ease sore throat pain because the gelatin coats and soothes as well!



 There are plenty of other ways to fight a sore throat as well as a cold!
Cough medicine such a Robitussin, Nyqiul, etc.
Rest! Sleep, sleep, sleep that cold away!
Drink lots of fluids! Tea, orange juice, water, whatever makes you feel better!
 Chicken soup! 

I hope this can help anyone who's feeling under the weather! Thanks for reading and take care of yourself!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Pink Bow Tie