Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Oatmeal Bath! ♥


Hi everyone! Today I tried something awesome: an oatmeal bath! I was having some pretty bad cramps and I remember reading that talking a hot bath can help sooth cramps and help you relax. So I went to google to find out more. You all know I love looking for natural. do-it-yourself, homemade ways for beauty so I thought an oatmeal bath was an amazing idea. Not everyone, especially myself, can afford $7 bath bombs from Lush everyday but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to have a nice bath!

What you'll need:
Oatmeal (a cup or more, not instant)
and 
A sock?

Yep! I recently bought a pack of plain white cotton socks so I didn't have to use a old one or a pair I wear often! Just grab any clean nylon sock or one without holes. I suggest one you don't wear because it might become a little stretched out.
 

What to to:
All you have to do is fill your sock with a cup or more of oatmeal. Use a hair tie, rubber band or the sock itself to tie it up tight. Once you have your oatmeal sock (that sounds so funny to me keke) fill up your bath tub with hot or warm water. Once you have your bath ready, dip in with you oatmeal, soak the sock for a while and then squeeze it. The "oatmeal water" will spread like a white cloud in the water. Just squeeze it every so often and relax! You can even scrub your skin with the sock!

What it will do:
Oatmeal is SUPER good for your skin. I did some research and found that oats contain polysaccharides, that become gelatinous in water and it leaves a protective film on the skin to prevent it from becoming dry. Oats also have healthy, lubricating fats to keep skin moisturized and oats even cleans pores, removing dirt and oil! Oatmeal will leave your skin soft and glowing! I definitely loved this bath. The warm water helped with my cramps and the oatmeal made my skin feel fresh and soft. If you try it ,tell me how it works for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pink Bow Tie