Monday, April 8, 2013

YOGA ♥

Hey readers! Recently I've been a tad bit into exercise. I just hated feeling so lazy and tired and seeing my boyfriend so energetic when all I wanted to do it lay down, watch a movie and sleep because the reality is even though I'm skinny, I'm OUT OF SHAPE. I used to love being active but ever since my knee dislocation during a soccer game over a year ago, I've become more and more lazy. But even though I can't take part in fast paced activities I can still keep myself in shape! People always tell me "You're too skinny already! Why would you work out?" The thing is, you don't have to be big or over weight to work out! Its all about keeping your body health! 

First, I started out with an app for sit-ups since I've always wanted a toned, flat stomach. Its called SitUps to Six Pack - 0 to 200+ SitUps Training. I think the app is very well designed and effective IF you use it 3 days a week like you're supposed to, but with my varying sleeping habits and over all laziness, I never went passed day 3. (I should really get back into it!) 

I also tried doing squats because what girl DOESN'T want a nice looking butt? I did 55 squats in 1 day and I felt great! The next day I felt sore and eventually it got so bad that I could barely bend down! Now I try to do 15 every other day.

SO! That brings me to my main topic: YOGA! I've always hear about yoga being so good for your body and how it can improve your posture, flexibility and strength and since I'm still looking for my preferred workout exercise I decided to give yoga a try. I thought it would be easy, like meditation with a little more stretching but I was WRONG.

I went on YouTube and clicked on the most viewed yoga video, which of course starred Jillian Michaels.
 

So I busted out my yoga mat, put on a comfortable pair of shorts and started the video. I didn't even bother getting water because I didn't think I would break a sweat! Watch the video yourself or even try it out and you will FEEL MY STRUGGLE!  I didn't even go as hard as the girls in the video were and I still felt it all over my body. I don't usually sweat but this had my huffing and puffing, falling over, sweating all over my back and chest and making faces like I was being beaten! BUT! Don't let that turn you away. Even though it was hard, for once I actually feel like I WORKED OUT. I know there are different levels of difficultly when it comes to yoga and any other workout but if you do it right and really push yourself to hold it for 15 seconds or stretch you feet a bit wider than usual, any level should give you the result you want. And I'm just saying this from one session! I felt the "burn" in every literal sense of the word. 

I felt my thighs, calves, abdominal muscles, back and arm muscles all working to their fullest. But it is only because I really pushed myself. When you work out, you always have to be mentally prepared to try your hardest or you won't get the results you want. Even though you definitely should work hard, don't push yourself TOO hard.
I  know I'm going to keeping doing this exercise and other yoga work outs and hopefully with a lot of practice I'll become more toned and health over time!

BUT WAIT!
Any type of work out always comes with risk of injury! Yoga may have tons of health benefits but you NEVER want to over work yourself because that could lead to injury! If you're a beginner, do beginner work outs. Make sure to wear comfy clothes, stay hydrated, listen to your body and go slow. Always warm up before hand! For more information about yoga go here: yoga info!

How do you work out and if you do yoga how does it work of you? 
Thank you!~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pink Bow Tie